Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hyperactive Music Festival


[Go Motion Photo Credit: Caitlin Gutekunst]

While Boston is fucking around with decidedly unspring like weather, I am taking off to Albuquerque this weekend for the second annual Hyperactive Music Festival. Things will be warmer and I'll get to indulge in plenty of beer and Mexican food while checking out a ton of great bands. In addition to that, tomorrow is my birthday and Saturday is Exitfare's second anniversary. But that's not really important right now. Let's talk about Hyperactive.

This is the fest's second year, and it's filled with the normal trappings -- networking, panels and a ton of showcasing. I'd rather not get too industry-specific here and just focus on some of the bands playing. Highlights include Go Motion, Scissors For Lefty, Army Of Me and The Attorneys. It's kind of out of the way, but if you're in the area, totally check it out. Also, not sure if I have any readers in Albuquerque, but if I do, I'd love to have someone show me around.

[Myspace] Hyperactive Festival
[mp3]
Go Motion "Different In Time"
[mp3] Scissors For Lefty "Lay Down Your Weapons"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we had way too much fun in NEW MEXICO>>>>

played 6 shows in 3 days .

whooooo

john
of
www.theattorneysband.com

1:07 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Attorneys were the band to see at Hyperactive. I am so happy I got to see them in such an intimate setting. I am sure that luxury won't be available for much longer as it seems certain they are going to be huge. Pick up their incredible album, "Stereocracy" and enjoy!!

1:52 PM EDT  
Blogger caitlin said...

how funny that you used my photo - thanks for giving me credit! where did you find it?? - caitlin gutekunst

10:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home