Monday, May 07, 2007

The Crimea + Shows in Boston This Week

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Back in 2005, I totally flirted with one of the members of The Crimea. They were opening for Billy Corgan on his solo tour and I was probably one of the only people in the audience who had heard of them. After the show, I got to talking with this one dude in the band and slyly worked my game. I was like "you guys are named after my favorite nineteenth century war" and he was all like "that's cool." Then I was like "I'll be in London in a couple of months" and he was like "here's my number, we should get together." True story. I never called him.

All stories of my A game aside, The Crimea are a really solid, inventive band that has been creating pretty dynamic music for a few years now. If you're not familiar with them, they play a brand of alternative rock that combines elements of the melodramatic and the psychedelic into something positively explosive. Last week they released their third album, Secrets of the Witching Hour. You can download it below. For free. From their official website. Make sure to listen to my favorites first -- the quiet stunner "Requiem Aeternam," the trippy "Bombay Sapphire Coma" and the raucously lush opener "All Conquering."

[Myspace] The Crimea
[Free Album Download] Secrets of the Witching Hour

This Week In Boston
05.08: Grant Lee Phillips @ The Paradise
05.09: Blonde Redhead/Fields @ The Paradise
05.11: The Pill @ Great Scott
05.11: Earl Greyhound @ Middle East Up
05.12: Hot Rod Circuit/Limbeck/The Forecast @ Middle East Down
05.12: Hooray For Earth/Taxpayer @ Great Scott
05.13: Arctic Monkeys/Be Your Own Pet @ Avalon
05.13: The Kooks/Illinois @ The Paradise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home