Wednesday, March 07, 2007

SXSW 2k7 Preview: Air Traffic



I suppose this is the part where I say something witty or tell some long, meandering story about how I found this band, but it's not going to happen today. I am sick, I am tired and let's just say that a shrewd insider clued me into these guys, and I am glad he did! Air Traffic play a sort of piano-led indie rock that is much more exciting than Keane that has caught the ears of all of the great British tastemakers, like Zane Lowe, Jo Whiley and Steve Lamacq. Their first single came out on the ultra hip Fierce Panda label, while a new single "Charlotte" hits stores this month and a debut album slated for this summer through EMI. They are playing a few shows at SXSW, including the Hell Ya! show [03/15] and their official showcase that same night at 11:40 at The Rio at 301 San Jacinto Blvd.


"Never Even Told Me Her Name"

[Myspace] Air Traffic
[mp3] "Charlotte"
[mp3] "Just Abuse Me"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was the "shrewd insider" an English chap who will be popping by Boston in April per chance?? :o)

4:41 AM EST  
Anonymous College Term Papers said...

This is such a great news, it really helps, Your blog is nice and informative. Thanks for the article.

1:52 AM EST  
Anonymous Education Agent said...

Incidentally, I like the way you have structured your site, it is super and very easy to follow. I have bookmarked you and will be back regularly. Thank you.

5:55 AM EDT  
Anonymous cctv karachi said...

This is not the first of your posts I've read, and you never cease to amaze me. Thank you, and I look forward to reading more.

3:26 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home