Monday, February 26, 2007

Boston: Shows [Week of 02.26.07]

02.26: Sparklehorse/Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter @ The Paradise
02.27: Elvis Perkins @ Great Scott
02.27: The Clipse/Low Budget [of Hollertronix] @ Middle East Down
02.27: The Lemonheads @ The Paradise
02.28: Dalek @ Middle East Up
02.28: The Ataris/Asobi Seksu/Wax On Radio @ Middle East Down
03.02: The Pill @ Great Scott
03.02: El Perro Del Mar/Frida Hyvonen/Under Byen @ MFA
03.03: The Thermals/The Big Sleep/Read Yellow @ TT The Bears
03.04: The Young Knives/Foreign Islands @ Great Scott
03.04: The Ettes/Barnicle @ Middle East Up

The Arcade Fire was on SNL this past weekend, and overall, it was kind of blah. I haven't spent a lot of time with their new album, but I am not really feeling it as much as Funeral, but I'll give it another chance. The show was pretty disappointing as well.

Speaking of disappointing, I saw Razorlight last night. My god that new record is awful, and I can't believe how many people went crazy when they played "America." Plus some dude was waving an Irish flag during their set, does he even know that the band isn't from there?

This week, look for more SXSW previews as well a new feature where I'll be looking at a few of my all time favorite bands, starting with Saint Etienne. I was going to do Manic Street Preachers first, but Jamie's Runout Groove did an admirable job of covering them, so I'll just direct you to his profile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home