Friday, February 16, 2007

Alterkicks

I discovered Alterkicks on the internet sometime last fall, but when I tried to put pen to paper the words just didn't come. Months later, I checked out their website again and finally felt ready to try attempt number two on the post. Alterkicks is a five-piece band from Liverpool that has been growing steadily in the British music scene for the last few years. Though their bio cites musical chameleons like Love, the Kinks, Radiohead, and David Bowie as their idols, personally I don't hear those bands' influence in their music at all. Instead, I see Alterkicks as a catchy, lighthearted indie rock rock band that's poppier than even Boy Kill Boy, Apartment, or Pull Tiger Tail. That's not necessarily a bad thing, because songs like "On A Holiday" (the dynamic video for this track is pasted above), "My Downfall," and "May" are upbeat, fun, and definitely worth a listen.

[Myspace] Alterkicks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home