Monday, February 12, 2007

Boston: Shows [Week of 02.12.07]

02.13: Akron Family @ Middle East Up
02.16: The Pill @ Great Scott
02.16: Stellastarr/Monsters Are Waiting/Ra Ra Riot @ Middle East Down
02.17: Cage @ Middle East Down
02.17: The Apples In Stereo/Casper & The Cookies @ The Paradise
02.17: Hot Cross/Transistor Transistor @ Mass Art
02.18: Lily Allen @ Axis
02.18: Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin/Chin Up Chin Up @ Great Scott

This weekend was great, and believe it or not, I ended it watching the Grammys. Yeah dudes, I know, get over it, they kind of suck a little more each year and they don't have any awards honoring Joanna Newsom or obscure Knife remixes, but I've been watching every year. Overall, the show was a dud, but it had its moments. The much-anticipated Police reunion was just kind of there. They played "Roxanne," and it was about one minute short of putting me to sleep. The night's highlight came from Gnarls Barkley, whose played to death "Crazy" was reimagined as a slowed-down military march complete with strings. After this past July, I never wanted to hear the song again, but now I think I could listen to the new version over and over.

Close runner-up: Mary J. Blige's first performance of the night.

Also, I am not sure if the Academy is making a statement or not, but it's pretty cool that the Dixie Chicks won a few awards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home