Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Maccabees Get Remixed



I am sure there are plenty of bands that I could write about, as there are plenty of great ones out there that I have yet to mention, but I am not going to let this Tuesday go without mentioning one of my latest addictions. It was a couple of years ago when I first discovered The Maccabees and "Lego" became one of those songs that I just couldn't stop spinning. This year hasn't been much different, as the band is about to drop "About Your Dress" on Fiction on Feb. 26th, and on top of that, there's a remix of "X-ray" floating around the internet. I wasn't too sure about the idea of his at first because really, does everything need to be remixed? Luckily I gave the reworking a chance because it's awesome -- it buzzes and snaps in all of the right places, showing that this band not only works in the club, but on the dance floor as well.

[Myspace] The Maccabees
[mp3] "X-ray"
[mp3] "X-ray" [South Central Remix]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home