Thursday, December 21, 2006

Back From NYC

I knew for awhile that I would be in NYC for a couple of days this week, but I still neglected to have posts ready to go up. Not quite sure why though because it's not like there is any shortage of good music and even if that was the case, there are plenty of bands I could hate on [I'm looking at you, SUF-JAN], but that's not really my style. Anyway, we'll just chalk the lack of posts up to the end of the year doldrums and with some holiday family time coming up, it looks like Exitfare will be taking another "nap."

But back to NYC. As always I had a blast, and this excursion was centered on seeing Yusuf [AKA Cat Stevens] perform at Lincoln Center in what was probably his first show in the States in nearly 30 years. The show was amazing -- it was small and intimate [400 seats] and you could not have asked for a better setting, as the backdrop to the stage was a giant glass window that looked straight down 6th Avenue, and being four or five flights up, you could see for blocks, and how amazing the lights of the city look after dark. This sounds like a cliche, but it's a scene ripped straight from a postcard. This was enough to make a great show, but what really hit it home was Yusuf's set, one that seamlessly mixed old and new, as well as an informative interview conducted by KCRW's Nic Harcourt.

The rest of the night consisted of me hanging with Sean from Sure Juror, drinking 40s, doing a spot with Rachel from Underrated for the blog show on Breakthru Radio and consuming every last drop of alcohol put in front of me. It's hard to single out the best moment of the night [well, besides Yusuf], but if I had to choose, it would be when we were all at the bar talking, I was sipping a fresh glass of Yuengling and the Cold War Kids' "Hospital Beds" came on. We just kinda stopped and sang a few lines -- it really is a great song, one that's hard to resist in that setting.

And finally, I have permission to post music from the new Sure Juror album, SMUT. Thanks guys! If you liked the last one, you're going to love this. Look at them to be my Sound Team of 2007, you know, the band I post about 75 times a week. The band has a lot of big things planned for next year, but I am going to give all of that a post of its own. Until later, good night...

Also, I just noticed that many of the mp3s that I have hosted on EZarchive do not work, which is sort of ridiculous. I've tried several different ways to fix them and I can't figure it out, so I will be switching hosts tomorrow and reposting stuff from the past couple of weeks, so please bear with me.

Audio: Yusuf "Heaven"

EDIT: Signed up with new host, but all mp3s will be reposted tomorrow. I'M TIRED.

1 Comments:

Blogger Henry Robinson said...

orlicure 120 mg is a medication utilized in the treatment of weight. It helps the body in blocking the absorption of fats from the small intestines and stomach.

1:24 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home