Monday, July 24, 2006

Boston: Shows [Week of 07.24.06]

07.25: Jason Lytle [of Grandaddy] @ The Paradise

07.26: Silver Mt. Zion @ Middle East Down


[Midlake]
07.26: Sound Team/Cold War Kids/Midlake @ T.T. the Bears
This show should be a giant blogger love fest, but beyond that, it is showcasing three of the best albums of the year, albeit at the city's worst venue. I have profiled all of these bands numerous times, so I am not going to fill this space with hyperbole and my typical gushing. Just go to the show -- there won't be a better three band bill all year!
Audio: Midlake "Roscoe"
Audio: Cold War Kids "Hospital Beds"


07.28: Bloc Party/Mew/Secret Machines @ Bank of American Pavilion
Is it just me or is it impossible to get sick of "Banquet"? Here is a new song, recorded live at Coachella this year.
Audio: "Waiting For The 7.18"


07.30: Editors/Bon Savants @ The Paradise
A year later and I am still not sick of the Editors' debut. Their last show in Boston was great, although I was kinda tanked. They've been upgraded to a bigger venue, so let's hope they don't lose the immediacy.
Audio: "Dust In The Sunlight"

07.30: Nicolai Dunger @ T.T. the Bears

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

TTs?! Worst venue?! So. Wrong.

12:24 PM EDT  
Blogger Dany said...

I have had so many bad experiences there, from sound issues to the way it's set up to completely rude employees that I dread going there. Let's hope this time is different...

12:31 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

I'm jealous that I'll be missing all these good shows. CWK were so great last time.

3:12 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As crazy as it sounds I was debating about not going tonight to TT's. I'm more pumped about Midlake and Sound Team then CWK only because I've seen them twice and they need to get themselves in to the studio for cryin out loud.

2:05 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home