Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Pictures from LA, The You + Kaki King



I was lazy when I got back from LA, so I am just getting pictures up now. I want to thank Beth for holding down the fort while I was gone -- I think everyone can agree that she did more than an admirable job. And look below the pictures, as I have some links to new music.


This was taken in the Santa Monica Mountains.


Along the Pacific Coast Highway.


I stayed at the Roosevelt Hotel. This is where RFK was assassinated, and apparently Axl Rose trashed his room here, too.


On my way down Chavez Ravine to Dodger Stadium.




The Dodgers played the Giants, and there was not one person that liked Barry Bonds. I don't blame them.


The Capitol Records building.


A Sound Team display outside Capitol.

**********************************************************************

This year's MLB All-Star Game is in Pittsburgh this year, and that is where The You hail from. The band's debut LP, For The Masses, was produced by Brian Deck [Iron & Wine, Modest Mouse].
MySpace: The You
Audio: "I'm Going To Kill Myself"

Kaki King's sophomore album, Until We Felt Red, drops on August 8th. This time around she adds vocals to create something that falls in the space between Jose Gonzalez and Broadcast.
MySpace: Kaki King
Audio: "Yellowcake"

5 Comments:

Blogger Joey said...

pictures from LA are much better than bands from LA

4:55 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RFK was shot in the Ambasador (Owned and torn down by the L.A. School district}.

9:11 PM EDT  
Blogger Dany said...

good looking out there, thanks

9:31 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technically this is Kaki King's 2nd major-label album but her 3rd LP.

1:47 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, it's Kaki King's 2nd indie-label album (there was only one on Epic) but her 3rd LP.

6:47 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home