Thursday, April 20, 2006

A Passing Feeling



When I was in high school, I played in a band. It was fun, but things didn't really work out. I had a lot of energy, but I couldn't sing, I sucked at guitar and I was nervous playing in front of people. When I went to college, I gave it up and focused on writing and the campus radio station. Long Island band A Passing Feeling has as much energy as the teenage me, but the big difference is that they are actually good. They play shambolic hyper-pop that wouldn't sound out of place on a bill with Superchunk with a vocalist that is oddly reminiscent of Conor Oberst, which is pretty damn awesome. They have an EP out on 75 Or Less Records with more to come later this year.

MySpace: A Passing Feeling
Audio: "Small Town Saturday Night"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home