Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Noisettes



Due to a crazy fall schedule, I missed The Noisettes when they opened for Bloc Party, but that will never happen again after hearing the accolades even casual fans of the band have thrown around. They hail from London, which it seems will never stop producing awesome music. Lead singer Shingai Shoniwa sounds like Billie Holiday mashed into Regina Spektor while the band isn't far from all of the blues musicians that The White Stripes wished they sounded like. They have an EP out now with an album slated for the summer on Low Altitude. Since I am so nice, I have a new track below!

MySpace: The Noisettes
Audio: "IWE"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just missed them lastnight when they opened for Bloc Party too and I can't even begin to tell you the sadness I'm feeling. I am crazy about this band...their songs are so awesome and they pump me up like never before. Damn music...it spins me right round baby, right ROUND!!!

10:29 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home