Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thrushes



I've always had a love affair with Baltimore, something which is most likely rooted in my love for the Orioles, but I've had my fair share of great, non-baseball moments in Charm City. The town is full of down-to-earth indie rock fans, plus there are a long of list of varied and memorable bands like Charm City Suicides, Oxes and Stars Of The Dogon. Despite just releasing their debut album Sun Come Undone, Thrushes have been able to make an indeliable mark on the local scene by drawing on early '90s influences such as My Bloody Valentine and Slowdive. Along with LA group Midnight Movies, this group is bringing back the shoegaze and making sure Baltimore stays on the musical map.

[Myspace] Thrushes
[mp3] "Heartbeats"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home