Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Good Shoes


[Photo Credit: Tom Beard]


Two tunes that I have been especially loving over the past year are by London group Good Shoes, as I've played "Never Meant To Hurt You" and "Small Town Girl" to absolute death. Despite being great songs, I've been wanting more, so Think Before You Speak came along at the right time, packing together 14 catchy tracks in under 40 minutes. While I may not be impressed by the new recordings of those two songs, everything else is well worth the asking price. According to all reports, the band is a sight to witness live, and they are no slouches when it comes to quotable lyrics either, like on "All In My Head," where they reveal a self-deprecating streak. "I'm a good shag but I find nobody fit / And I play in a band but I've got no talent" Rhys Jones spits out jerky guitars that interlock perfectly with a shaking rhythm section.

[Order] Think Before You Speak
[Myspace] Good Shoes

[mp3] "All In My Head"

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Umm where is your shout out to me, for introducing you to this band? Hmm?

9:34 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

nice post.....As for me..i feel good shoes are the shoes which has more comfort....i feel them in nike shoes

9:19 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home