Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bjork



As long as I've been listening to indie rock, Bjork has always been a constant, whether it has been her work in The Sugarcubes or her solo material. I remember seeing the video for "Human Behaviour" all over MTV and I rushed to the store to buy Post the day it came out, which still remains one of my favorite albums of all time. Bjork's new album Volta comes out on May 8th and I couldn't be more excited, as "Earth Intruders" is easily her best single in a decade. She is still impossible to pin down; is she indie, classical, experimental or electronica? The truth is it's none and all of them. She is just way ahead of her time, and if she keeps this up, she'll be making mind-blowing music for years to come.

[Myspace] Bjork
[mp3] "Earth Intruders"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home