Monday, March 19, 2007

Ghosts + Shows In Boston This Week



London band Ghosts is about about to pop -- they've released a handful of singles, including the unforgettable "Musical Chairs," and are hard at work on their debut album, which will be released in the UK on Atlantic this spring. They've supported great acts like Air Traffic and Snowfight In The City Centre, and will be doing the same for The Feeling later this spring in the UK. I've heard five tunes from these guys so far, and for the most part, they are quite catchy and melodic. It's the type of stuff that will make any Keane fan go wild, and for some of us, that's quite a good thing.

[Myspace] Ghosts
[mp3] "Stay The Night"
[mp3] "The World Is Outside"
[Video] "Musical Chairs"

This Week In Boston
03.19: Pete Yorn @ Avalon
03.20: The Autumn Defense [members of Wilco] @ Middle East Up
03.21: Explosions In The Sky/The Paper Chase @ Middle East Down
03.22: Helms/Bananas/Tiny Amps @ Great Scott
03.22: Read Yellow [final show]/Planes Mistaken For Stars @ Middle East Up
03.23: The Pill @ Great Scott
03.23: The Decemberists/My Brightest Diamond @ Avalon
03.24: Faces On Film/Age Rings @ TT The Bears
03.24: The Decemberists/My Brightest Diamond @ Avalon
03.24: Lucinda Williams @ The Orpheum
03.24: The Bon Savants/You Am I @ Middle East Down

One last thing -- I just got back from SXSW, and I saw a ton of great bands, and I have a huge wrap-up coming your way once I get all of my photos online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home