Thursday, November 16, 2006

Midnight Movies



Seriously, what's the deal with all of the great LA bands this year? I've lost count of all of the great bands that the wrong coast has dropped on me, and while Midnight Movies are not new, this is the year I've finally embraced them. The band just dropped "Patient Eye," a digital-only single that recalls the best moments of My Bloody Valentine and The Jesus & Mary Chain, plus it's backed with a Syd Barrett cover. Look for their sophomore album, Lion The Girl, in March through New Line Records. Could this be the year that LA finallty gets awesome?


11/17 Spaceland - Los Angeles, CA (CD release show)
11/18 Prospector - Long Beach, CA

Buy: "Patient Eye"
MySpace: Midnight Movies
Audio: "Patient Eye"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny, I just posted about Midnight Movies too...

12:35 PM EST  
Blogger Ryan Spaulding said...

And Jax did on the Rock Insider today.

Oh you hipsters!

8:38 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home