Friday, September 15, 2006

Roddy Woomble



There are those bands that you hear for the first time and you just know. It's a band that will be with you for years, a band that will grow with you and one that no matter what form they're in, you'll still love them. Idlewild is one of those bands for me and I have followed their every step for the better part of eight years. While the band is still alive and strong, lead singer Roddy Woomble set out to create a collection of songs that honor his love of music outside the Idlewild spectrum on My Secret Is My Silence. The album comprises tunes that draw on American folk, traditional Irish and Scottish music and more familiar indie rock. Album guests include Kate Rusby and Karine Polwart, while five of the album's songs were co-written with bandmate Rob Jones.

Buy: My Secret Is My Silence

MySpace:
Roddy Woomble
Audio: "As Still As I Watch Your Grave"
Audio: "Act IV"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home