Tuesday, May 16, 2006

MSTRKRFT



I really don't talk about many personal things in this here blog, and that's pretty much a calculated move. You guys don't care about my personal life, what kind of sneakers I wear [I like Adidas and Puma, btw] or how much I drank this weekend. You come here for the music, and I give it to you without much fuss, but really, maybe it's time to be a little more talkative. I'm not going to drop any kind of Livejournal bullshit on you, but it might be nice to know a little more about me.

I've been sitting on MSTRKRFT's debut album, The Looks, for a few weeks now, but it's not because I am on the fence about it. Knowing that someone from one group is also in another, more established group, can sometimes cause you to form expectations without even thinking about it and that is what I let myself do. MSTRKRFT is made up of Death From Above 1979's Jesse F. Keeler and that band's producer, Al-P. They have rocked a bunch of solid remixes from artists like Bloc Party, Annie, Wolfmother and most recently, Polysics that indicate the duo is an expert at toeing the line between experimentation and accessible rhythm. The full-length, which drops on July 18th through Last Gang, is packed with eight dance floor anthems that are as groove-oriented as they are mind-jarring, which is exactly what you would expect from this duo. Look for them on tour this summer.

05/19 - Toronto, ON - Spin Gallery
06/15 - San Francisco, CA - Mezzanine
06/16 - Los Angeles, CA - Little Radio
06/17 - Seattle, WA - Chop Suey
06/22 - New York, NY - Rothko
06/23 - Chicago, IL - Smart Bar
06/24 - Houston, TX - A38
07/07 - Toronto, ON - Brigantine Room
07/08 - Montreal, QC - Club Soda

MySpace: MSTRKRFT
Audio: "Easy Love"
Audio: Polysics "Ceolakanth Is Android (MSTRKRFT Remix)"
[EDIT: I put up a different remix]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home