Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Ricky Gervais Show

Image hosting by Photobucket

To take a little break from music for the moment [I'll have more mp3s up later], I just listened to the 10th podcast of The Ricky Gervais Show, and again spent the better part of 45 minutes laughing my ass off. While I am a fan of Ricky's work in The Office and Extras, his role in the podcast has become almost minimal due to the rising star that is Karl Pilkington, who can be found on the right. His brilliance shines through in the fact he expresses his oddball thoughts and observations quite matter-of-factly, in a dryness that is to be expected in British comedy. Two of Karl's segments have become regular features on the show: "Monkey News" and bits from his diary, which began in podcast #8.

Check out Guardian Unlimited to download the podcasts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

About a week or two ago I started this whole podcast thing and Ricky Gervais was one of the first 'casts I downloaded. In full agreement that the show is just absolutely hilarious. The dryness that Karl depicts is amazing, I have never heard him laugh once.

3:07 PM EST  
Blogger c said...

nice tip on the podcasts - i love his sense of humor. definitely going to check these out....

4:06 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home