Friday, August 19, 2005

TGIF!!



It's a sunny, breezy Friday morning, you know, the ones that are more often written and talked about rather than EXPERIENCED and there is more awesome show action tonight. First off, a big high five to Travis over at Big Stereo for sending me some more Pajama Party jams. The two he posted last week have been burning up my iTunes, and since their albums are out of print, I had to grovel for a few more tracks.



Tonight at the The Paradise, Gogol Bordello is going to be doing nothing short of owning that room. They are an off the chain mix of punk and traditional Ukranian music. Their new album is called "Gypsy Punks Underdog World Strike" and it's out now on Side One Dummy. Check out "Troubled Friends", live at the Casbah in San Diego, CA on May 18th, 2004 [oddly enough, that was my 25th birthday].

So last night, I punked out on some of the show action. I did catch Longwave, who were surprisingly good in the outdoor setting and then Spoon at the free show sponsered by WFNX. I still think Spoon is one of the most overrated bands of the past ten years, but they did play that "How We Get By" jam or whatever that I like. You may remember it from an episode of The O.C.. I skipped out on Simian because well, it seemed kind of silly, and then the last show at the Middle East, Tim and I left after Boom Bap Project because Hieroglyphics were not going to go on until well after midnight, and well, that's really fucking late and I didn't wanna drop $20 on a cab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home