Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Jay Jay Pistolet


[Photo Credit: Max Knight]

Myspace // "We Are Free" [mp3] // "Bags of Gold" [Video]

I can't quite put my finger on where and when I found out about Mr. Pistolet, perhaps it was The Great Escape? I don't really know. There was quite a good gig there that featured Noah & the Whale (I still have like 3 of those whale cut-outs from that night!), Mumford & Sons and Laura Marling, and feel like Jay Jay played that as well. Or not. I could be wrong. But regardless, even if he did not play that gig, he fits in with that whole scene, excellently fusing British folk with a wash of Americana. The man has released just one single -- "We Are Free" on Chess Club, but if dig in the right places, you'll be able to uncover a wealth of demos from this very promising young artist.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home