Friday, March 28, 2008

Grammatics



Myspace // "The Vague Archive" [mp3]

"D.I.L.E.M.M.A.," the new single from Leeds-based
Grammatics is out April 14th through Dance to the Radio, but what should you care?

Honestly, I didn't like them the first time I heard them. Or even the second. But finally one of their songs stood out and I got it -- I don't even remember which song it was, but it was that day that everything fell into place with these guys. The band is obviously influenced by Cursive, but missing is the angst, and it's replaced with some of the most epic and creative tunes that has come out of England in some time. The best bands are those that you don't get at first, and these guys are ambitious enough to throw you for a loop or two.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home