Wednesday, June 13, 2007

M.I.A.: New Album



You'll have to hold tight until August 21st when M.I.A.'s sophomore album Kala drops on XL Recordings/Interscope, but for those of you that can't wait, two tracks have been leaked ["Bird Flu" and "XR2"] and I was just able to get my hands on the album's first single last night. "Boyz" is another ridiculous dancefloor-filler, one that hints at a sound that consistently changing and molded out of whatever sounds surround her. It will be released as a 12"and limited USB stick on July 17th.

The new album features appearances from Afrikan Boy, Blaqstarr, Diplo, Morganics / The Wilcannia Mob, Switch and Timbaland, while the video for "Boyz" is everything you'd expect from M.I.A. -- an exciting visual event shot in Jamaica. You can check out a making of the video here.

[Myspace] M.I.A.
[mp3] "Boyz"
[Video] "Boyz"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home