Thursday, March 05, 2009

Flashback Thursday: Echo & the Bunnymen "Killing Moon"



Myspace

Holy shit, look at that hair!

I have a mildly amusing story about Echo & the Bunnymen from a few years ago when I lived in Boston. Always being a big fan, they're one band that I wish I had the chance to see, so when Boy Kill Boy were coming through town supporting them, I immediately made sure to go. In the end, I didn't stay for Echo because like most bands that reform, some of the magic is gone -- it's just not the same. I can live vicariously through all of the albums and videos, but like many bands, I just wasn't meant to see them.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You missed a great gig! McCulloch looked pretty messy, but it was SO cool!

What did you think of Boy Kill Boy? I hadn't heard of them before it, but had to go and buy the album from the UK as it wasn't out here yet!

6:18 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you blew off a gig of a band that you really liked. Echo & Bunnymen were great in 1984 and they still put on a solid show. hope that you catch one of their 5 gigs at SXSW

10:47 AM EDT  
Blogger pplist said...

I loved their music, but having only seen them in videos, I was expecting wimps. When I saw them at SXSW three years ago, they were incredibly powerful. I was pinned, mesmerized, thrilled to the core.

7:23 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home