Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Kabeedies



Myspace // "King Canute" [Audio] // "Treasure Hunters" [Buy]

The past few days have been rough for me. I brought home a cold from CMJ with me, the Phillies game was rained out last night, I've had bouts of heartburn, and Elle Milano broke up. Although I am feeling a bit better, the whole Elle Milano thing is a huge letdown, and although Adam is in a new project, I still feel lost musically, so it's time to do what we do best, which is to scour the internet for quality bands you've never heard before.

Could the Kabeeides be that band to replace Elle Milano? Perhaps. The tunes on the band's Myspace are strong, invoking images of that pseudo, did it or did it not exist, Eel Pie Island sound, much like Good Shoes. But with a female vocalist. It's a sound that has done them well on a series of undeniably catchy singles, as well as increasingly packed gigs through the UK. While their a-sides are brilliant pop nuggets, it's the tune "King Canute" that has soundtracked this week for me.

"Treasure Hunters," their latest single, is out now on Cool For Cats.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I feel lost too.

6:19 PM EDT  
Anonymous East Norwalk Washing Machine Repair said...

Thhis was a lovely blog post

9:14 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home