Friday, August 22, 2008

Gentle Friendly



Myspace // "Five Girl Night" [mp3]

It's hard to put a finger on this duo, which is sort of the best thing in the world because I want a band that sounds like no other. My first thought upon hearing them was Abe Vigoda is they were from DC, which I still sort of agree with, but there is something else brewing here, something quite sinister, sort of like a joke that they are in on that no one else knows about. When I call Gentle Friendly math rock for literature students, I am not trying to be insulting, it's just my way of translating what these are doing. Sometimes it's best to make the music that's in your head rather than the same old tired tunes everyone else cranks out.

Look for the band on tour all over England this fall.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home