Monday, September 24, 2007

Smashing Pumpkins: New Video



Maybe I'm too "old school," but does it bother anyone else that Paris Hilton is associated with the Smashing Pumpkins in any way, shape or form? Wouldn't the Billy Corgan of 1996 ridicule her and all the other vacuous reality television stars for whoring themselves out for money and fame? I don't care if she's pictured in front of a nuclear explosion to demonstrate some sad truth about celebrity worship in America, seeing her plastic mug on a Pumpkins' release really, really irks me. End rant.

Anyway... the video posted above is the Pumpkins' second single "That's The Way [My Love Is]." The video takes the band into a futuristic world equipped with rocket cars, flying cameras, and crazy translucent video screens--think "Rocket" meets "The End Is The Beginning Is The End." It's definitely visually impressive in a monochromatic video game sort of way, but it's not what I was expecting for the most gorgeous song on Zeitgeist.
With lush instruments and lyrics like "of course I love you baby, cuz I'm alive," I was definitely envisioning something a bit softer and romantic. Maybe Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris were too busy/expensive to do it up?

The Pumpkins are currently making their way across North America, check out their almost entirely user-generated website for dates, concert videos, etc.

[Myspace] Smashing Pumpkins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home