Friday, August 31, 2007

Johnathan Rice



Johnathan Rice's deep, whiskey tinged voice sends shivers down my spine. His gorgeous debut Trouble Is Real was easily one of the best albums of 2005, so to say that I'm excited about his new record would be an understatement. Slated for release on September 11th, Further North shows Rice experimenting with new instruments and musical genres from sunny Americana ("What Am I Going To Do" and "End Of The Affair) to traditional country ("The Middle Of The Road" and "The Ballad of King"). I swear, I even hear elements of psychedelic rock ("THC") and punk ("Giving It Up"). Although it's not quite as poppy as his first album, the songs definitely still shine. Listen to the album streaming now on Myspace.

[Myspace] Johnathan Rice
[mp3] "We're All Stuck Out In The Desert"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home