Friday, November 02, 2007

Kate Nash



I don't like sleeping on great new music because seriously, my job is to find the new stuff for you to rock. I am completely guilty of this with Kate Nash on a number of levels, especially being the obsessive NME-reader that I am. When I was in Montreal a few weeks ago, I saw her debut Made of Bricks on sale [it's out in the States next year], so I decided to finally give her a shot. I was not disappointed, as she imagines Regina Spektor as a Brit and with a bit of a hankering for electronics, plus the cheekiness of Lily Allen.

The Foundations EP is currently available now both digitally and at traditional retailers.

[Myspace] Kate Nash
[mp3] "Mouthwash"
[mp3] "Fluorescent Adolescent" [Arctic Monkeys cover Live on BBC Radio 1]
[Video] "Foundations"

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

You just like her because she's cute.

1:52 PM EDT  
Blogger JaneInMA said...

funny how guys like her as some think she is cute but most women tend to think her songs are mundane and her voice like a cat being strangled. I think she has no talent and is a lily allen wannabe

6:47 PM EDT  
Blogger Ed said...

Nah, i think she's fab. Thanks for posting the cover version!

ed

11:21 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home