Sunday, October 30, 2005

Get the feeling again

This weekend was, let's see how shall I put it, fun but unexpectedly weird. A good friend from PA came to visit and after we came back from karaoke Friday night, she caused some problems wtih my roommates. I am a little annoyed/upset at the situation, and one of my roommates is either annoyed at her or the both of us, but it was nothing too big. Karaoke was a blast--we hit up this place called the Cornerstone in Cambridge and was I was able to do two songs: "Somebody Told Me" and "Don't Stop Believin'."

I am pretty sure I am done getting drunk for the year. Daylight savings is over, and I am totally pumped for an entire winter of nightfall at 4 pm!



I've been rocking a lot of Fall Out Boy lately and before you say "Eww, that's stupid emo shit," let me just say this: yes, it is stupid emo shit, but their latest album is really good in a "Wow, these guys can write some really good pop songs!" sort of way. I am guessing that this one will be their next single:

"I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth (Summer Song)"



Saint Etienne are one of my favorite groups of all time, hands down -- I even got to meet Pete Wiggs and Sarah Cracknell at Washington D.C.'s now-defunct DCCD in 1999. Their newest album, Tales From the Turnpike House has yet to see its release stateside, unfortunately. The band have morphed so many times over their 15+ year career, from electro-pop to euro dance to 60s guitar pop to downbeat glitch pop. With this album and Finisterre they expertly meld sunny Britpop with Eurodance. Someone from the UK should be nice and send me the album--don't worry, I'll hook you up with plenty of goodies!

"A Good Thing"

1 Comments:

Blogger Joey said...

At first listen I thought the previous FallOut Boy album was way better. Eavvon says I'm wrong. Now you too?

12:52 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home