Monday, December 03, 2007

Editor's Note

If you come to this site regularly, you're going to notice a lot of changes starting today. If you've never been here before, then it's all new to you anyway.

I've been doing this blog the same way for two and a half years and things have gotten to be pretty formulaic. Some things have changed -- I brought on writers, I added/removed features and focused things a bit, but for the most part, things have remained the same since day one.

But it's time to change things around. Maybe you'll hate the changes, maybe you'll like them, but it's my hope to draw in more readers and make things more interesting for the regulars. On the surface you'll notice color and font changes -- expect more layout changes.

Most important though is the change in Exitfare's scope. Music will always remain the #1 priority here -- especially the newest of the new bands, but there are other things I want to work into the mix as well -- TV, movies and travel. I've been wanting to do away with Boston-centrism for the better part of a year for a number of reasons. Being a temporary transplant to the city, I'm not familiar with all of the local bands, and many of those that I've come in contact with haven't held my interest. There are other Boston blogs out there that do a much better job of covering the local scene (Bradley's Almanac for one), so I need to quit acting like I know what's up with the city.

Exitfare is going to have an awesome 2008. In meantime, look for a month of transition. There will still be daily posts, including some fun on location stuff from London and the Bahamas, but if things look weird, please bear with us. And thanks for coming back every day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Umm you forgot to mention that I'll be writing on location from Naples, Florida, for the last week of the year. Am I not special enough to warrant a mention in the editor's note???

9:34 AM EST  
Blogger Dany said...

no you're not!!!!! omg hahahhah OMGZZZ

10:10 AM EST  
Blogger Beth said...

You need to cut that out.

11:55 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude...i depend on the mopnday show listings...

9:11 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home