Thursday, November 24, 2005

Saint Etienne



January 24th will see the U.S. release of Tales From Turnpike House, the latest album from European pop masters Saint Etienne on Savoy. While I already dropped the cash for the import of this, I am definitely picking up this up: the tracklisting is different and there are some U.S. only tracks on it. Here's the tracklisting:

01// Side Streets
02// A Good Thing
03// Sun In My Morning
04// Milk Bottle Symphony
05// Dream Lover [U.S. only]
06// Lightning Strikes Twice
07// Slow Down At The Castle
08// Oh My
[U.S. only]
09// Last Orders For Gary Stead
10// I'm Falling
[U.S. only]
11// Stars Above Us
12// Teenage Winter
13// Goodnight

St Et is one of my favorites of all time. Outisde of Ted Leo/Rx, there isn't a group that I get crazier about. I saw them once, back in May of 1999 when they were touring on Good Humor, their brilliant take on American pop. A message from Bob [Stanley] on their official website says that "U.S. tour dates are almost in place." Cities confirmed include New York, Boston, Washington D.C., Chicago, Miami, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Here's a song off of the new album:

"Stars Above Us"

1 Comments:

Blogger mp3hugger said...

Sexiest pop moment ever, Sarah Cracknell (lead singer of St Et.) in an Irish football shirt pre 1994 world cup. wowsers.

4:02 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home