Friday, November 11, 2005

Ris Paul Ric @ Massart [Tonight]



Tonight at 7:30 p.m., Ris Paul Ric takes the stage at Massart with Boo Radly, Dan Habb [of Like Language] and Yani Gordon. Ris Paul Ric, which is the funk-folk brainchild of former Q and Not U member Chris Richards, just released his first album, Purple Blaze, on Academy Fight Song.

Richards has this to say via his Myspace profile: "
My name is Christopher Paul Richards. I wrote some songs in my house in Washington DC at the end of 2004. I drove to Ottawa in January 2005 so my friend Tim Hecker could record them in his home studio. By the time summer 2005 rolled around I started performing the songs live with the help of Dan Caldas. Hopefully by the end of 2005 the recording will be released and I'll play the songs live in your town. "

"Purple Blaze"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home